View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #823
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
That's what I'm thinking, too. If Odin *does* die in the movie, I think it's less likely that Thor would abandon Asgard for Earth. But if Odin is still alive, I think it's a case of Odin giving the throne to Thor, but Thor deciding he likes Earth (and some Jane Foster nookie) better; so he tells Daddy: "Thanks, but no thanks."
Exactly, I think this makes the most sense. Thor returns with Loki. Loki goes to prison. Odin tells Thor he's ready to be king and gives him the crown. Both Earth and Asgard are attacked during his short reign as King and are equally in danger. Thor is forced to make a decision and returns the crown to Odin, so he can come to the aid of Jane Foster and defend the earth from evil. He saves Jane Foster and the earth, but on Asgard maybe Frigga dies (which creates a rift between him and Jane) as he feels responsible for leaving his home in it's hour of need to protect us and her. Basically every time he see's Jane he is reminded of his mom's death. Setting up an out for Natalie Portman and opportunity to begin exploring the Thor, Sif relationship.

I just don't see them killing off Odin though, or them taking his crown and giving it to Thor at least not long term. So, I think this is the most realistic solution.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."