View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 AM   #44
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
People are calling the Avengers cheesy now. Like Raimi's Spider-films, it embraced it. SM1 and SM2 were dated when they were released. New millenium film's with 60's era sensibilties. Even Webb got caught up in the cheese a bit with TASM. I don't want a great "comic film", I want a film that goes beyond the frame and is great period.

I don't know and I hope I'm proved wrong in 2014. But I've got four films that make my point. The bottom line for them is money and if it ain't broke they have no real incentive to fix it.
I wouldn't say the Raimi films were dated when they were released. The Avengers was just as corny as TASM. "I'm bringing the party to you guys." "I don't see how that's a party." It has its funny moments, but it really is going to age a lot given enough time.

I think 2 out of 4 films are great, one is good, and the other is terrible. So really, "that's just like, your opinion, man." Overused quote, I know. But seriously, do you not think that Marvel/Disney are just trying to make a ton of cash, too? What is considered "great" is different from everyone's perspective.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 12-10-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote