View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #45
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I wouldn't say the Raimi films were dated when they were released. The Avengers was just as corny as TASM. "I'm bringing the party to you guys." "I don't see how that's a party." It has its funny moments, but it really is going to age a lot given enough time.
Hey, I think the Avengers is more corny. The best character moments in TASM were better then the Avengers imo, the problem was there was nowhere near enough of them.

Raimi's films were a nod to the Lee/Ditko/Romita era. The melodrama was played up big time in performance, dialogue and direction. JJJ was straight out of a forties screwball comedy. They were fun and entertaining films, but far from great. My love for the character even makes me overrate SM2 I'll admit, although it still has the best action sequence of any film in the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think 2 out of 4 films are great, one is good, and the other is terrible. So really, "that's just like, your opinion, man." Overused quote, I know. But seriously, do you not think that Marvel/Disney are just trying to make a ton of cash, too? What is considered "great" is different from everyone's perspective.
Sure they are, I'm not arguing that. I think Spidey would be worse off at MS because they'd more then likely move the character back in the Raimi direction, which is the last place I'd like him to be at this point in time. Been there, done that.

The test for true greatness is how a film ages, not so much in terms of special effects, but how it resonates with people years later. There is no way Raimi's films or the Avengers will stand the test of time like Nolan's films.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 12-10-2012 at 03:36 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote