View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #101
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
No its not the first movie, its the fifth movie in the X-Men series even if its a prequel or a spin-off. And compare to Batman Begins, this isn't a reboot but a prequel. And these days, its not easy to achieve 200 million at the domestic box-office. Even though there are couple of big movies this year, so far only 10 movies has yet to surpass the 200 million mark and last year, there were only 7 movies.

There's a possibility for Days of Future Past being huge because of the original cast appearing in the movie. It would probably earn at least 200 million at the domestic box-office and 500 million at the worldwide box-office. But if they decided to make another First Class movie after this one without the cast from the original trilogy, FOX would lose the momentum. Casual viewers are more interested with the original cast/present timeline/X4 thats why I think after this movie, they should move forward with the original cast instead of making another X-Men movie that will showcase events/happenings that already happened in the past. And I'm not being negative and being pointless, I'm just being realistic and I have valid reasons for the things that I'm posting.
it was the fifth movie in franchise, but to general audience, it was a new movie with a whole new cast. So it really worked as a first movie. Many fans didnt go to see it because of the new cast/characters, so that's why the boxoffice was less than previous movies (on USA).

But the sequel would be another issue.

and yes, I think we all are agree that a X4 could lead to a bigger boxoffice. But again, that doesnt mean FC3 could be a pretty decent success, much more than FC and FC3.

So.... I guess the discussion is more about what each fan wants instead about if a FC franchise could be successful or not.

Lets see how much money Start Trek sequel and Amazing Spiderman movies will get compared to the first movies. And we could have a better idea of how much a FC alone sequel could do compared to the first.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote