View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #47
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Hey, I think the Avengers is more corny. The best character moments in TASM were better then the Avengers imo, the problem was there was nowhere near enough of them.

Raimi's films were a nod to the Lee/Ditko/Romita era. The melodrama was played up big time in performance, dialogue and direction. JJJ was straight out of a forties screwball comedy. They were fun and entertaining films, but far from great. My love for the character even makes me overrate SM2 I'll admit, although it still has the best action sequence of any film in the genre.

Sure they are, I'm not arguing that. I think Spidey would be worse off at MS because they'd more then likely move the character back in the Raimi direction, which is the last place I'd like him to be at this point in time. Been there, done that.

The test for true greatness is how a film ages, not so much in terms of special effects, but how it resonates with people years later. There is no way Raimi's films or the Avengers will stand the test of time like Nolan's films.
I think the Nolan films aren't going to stand the test of time. Batman Begins aged just as much as the Raimi films in my eyes, and TDKR will definitely age as well, considering how flawed it was. The Dark Knight has already aged, too, over the past 4 years for me as well. I think that Ledger's performance will always be loved and appreciated, but the film itself is not a classic. Certain parts of the film will look pretty hokey, such as Commissioner Gordon's last speech, "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight." Really, did they just pull words out of a hat? And I think people will look back and think that the whole Batman being a symbol thing went to far, especially since he's only been Batman for about a year in total.

EDIT: How could I not forget the Batman "throat cancer" voice? Ouch... Michael Keaton's Batman had an intimidating voice without having to go that far...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 12-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote