View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #104
A Hybrid Mutant
Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Lets see how much money Start Trek sequel and Amazing Spiderman movies will get compared to the first movies. And we could have a better idea of how much a FC alone sequel could do compared to the first.
I don't think we should compare the First Class series to Star Trek and Amazing Spider-Man. First Class was not a reboot, while those films were reboots. Those movies featured the same leading character/s from the first film of the previous movie series (Spider-Man for Amazing Spider-Man/Spock and Kirk for Star Trek). X-Men: First Class did not have Wolverine as the leading character. Magneto and Professor X were the leading characters but they were the younger versions of them unlike with the first movie. So its different.

Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
I don't get why FC2 would lose momentum...,

That's like saying Marvel is losing momentum because they going solo with Iron Man 3 and Thor TDW, instead of making Avengers 2 first.
I think FC2 would lose momentum because I don't think FC2 would feature Wolverine and Wolverine is money well unless Wolverine joins the 60s X-Men team at the end of DOFP. Wolverine is the #1 star of the X-Men movie series.

Compare to Iron Man 3 and Thor 2. I think their movies will do well on their own given on how their debut film performed at the worldwide box-office.

P S Y L O C K E in X - M E N : A P O C A L Y P S E
a n d
C O L O S S U S in D E A D P O O L

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-10-2012 at 12:04 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote