View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #49
Fox
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You have to admit, though, some do believe they've seen the best Spidey film already, lol.
I definitely think that TASM is the best Spidey film to date (as I'm sure you've figured out by now), but if someone wants to make a better one in the future I'll happily accept their efforts. I'm always up for being impressed. I certainly don't think it's impossible for someone to do better than TASM, but the bar has been set high (imo).

Quote:
TDK and TDKR will definitely go through the test of time, I guarantee it. As four years have passed and TDK is still the talk of the town with CBMs, people will be talking about TDKR in 2016.

I'll eat my own socks if this isn't true.
I'll sort of agree with you on this one. I know you love TDKR (I myself was a fan, although I thought the film had a few flaws), but TDK was a media darling of CBM's, largely because of Heath Ledger. I think Nolan's trilogy on a whole will stand the test of time, but the ONE Bat-Nolan film that will truly stand out in 10-20 years will be TDK. The other two won't be forgotten, but Ledger's Joker had a cultural affect that I never quite saw with either of the other films. That's not to say that TDK is unquestionably the best (although many would argue it is), just that it had the biggest impact.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote