View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #91
BenKenobi
Banned User

Default Re: Return of the Jedi Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
There has been debate on which was better, Revenge of the Sith or Return of the Jedi. As a person who dislikes the PT, I think this debate has some weight. I think Sith was the best out of the PT, but it's because the last two were gross. (I still think Phantom Menace is one of the worst movies I've seen, along with Dreamcatcher and Transformers 2.)
It might just be the fact I was 6 when Phantom Menace came out and it has a bit of nostalgia, but I really don't think it was worse than Attack of the Clones. It was not good by any means, but at least there were things that I liked. Darth Maul was a much cooler and more intimidating villain than Count Dooku, also he didn't appear 30 minutes before the movie ended. Qui-Gon seemed more like what a Jedi is supposed and Liam Neison is always good. Anakin (as an adult) hadn't been ruined yet. There was no painful love story. IMO Attack of the Clones is one of the worst movies of all time, and Phantom Menace is just one of the worst movies of the 90s.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote