View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #92
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: Return of the Jedi Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
It might just be the fact I was 6 when Phantom Menace came out and it has a bit of nostalgia, but I really don't think it was worse than Attack of the Clones. It was not good by any means, but at least there were things that I liked. Darth Maul was a much cooler and more intimidating villain than Count Dooku, also he didn't appear 30 minutes before the movie ended. Qui-Gon seemed more like what a Jedi is supposed and Liam Neison is always good. Anakin (as an adult) hadn't been ruined yet. There was no painful love story. IMO Attack of the Clones is one of the worst movies of all time, and Phantom Menace is just one of the worst movies of the 90s.
Agreed. Phantom Menace is occasionally entertaining. Attack of the Clones is downright painful. The love story in particular, as you mentioned But every action scene (maybe with the exception of the Jango/Obi-Wan fight) is dull, mindless and feels less realistic than a video game. Even as a nine year old I could tell there was something very wrong about seeing Yoda jump around with a lightsaber.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote