View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #24
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Does Bane being a PURELY physical threat hamper him as a villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie
It's lame because it's a damn stupid reason to believe in a bunch of things as strong as that just cos someone saved your ass. Ya don't know who Bane is or why he was in that pit. All ya know about Bane's past is he was in there for all his life and he liked Talia as a kid.

Why does he want justice, and hate rich people and all the other bull the LOS were babbling in this? Ya never find out.
Yes, God forbid I use my head and think of the character's background within the confines of the universe he's a part of. Why couldn't the director just spoon me all that info, eh?

Quote:
At least with Ra's ya know why he thinks that way. Ya know based on Joker's scar stories why he has this crazy view about everyone being able to break like he did and go crazy.
Actually, you don't. Because he tells multiple origin tales in an obvious homage to The Killing Joke line 'If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice'.

Quote:
Ya had to make up a bunch of conjecture ya never see or hear in the flick to try and justify why he hates Bruce. The movie shoulda given ya some of that instead of you making up fan fiction.
Oh, you mean BB? Yeah, it actually does detail one essential part of what I said, namely Bruce's rejection of the LoS ideals. But I don't know, maybe we were watching different movies.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote