View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #33
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Does Bane being a PURELY physical threat hamper him as a villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie
To give the character layers instead of leaving ya to make up a bunch of stuff ya never see or hear in the flick.
Oh, but you do see and hear some of the stuff I was alluding to. There's the line 'I didn't the see the light until I was already a man', there's Bane's cockiness/arrogance and ego which is clear for everyone to see and then there's his establishment as an honorable character because he rescues a defenseless child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
If ya read the Killing Joke then ya know that was Joker's reason for trying to break Gordon, too. Some bad crap happened to him, he doesn't remember exactly what it is, but he knows it was a bad day that made him go nuts. So he was gonna prove that's all ya need to go crazy by giving Gordon a bad day.

Same deal with Heath Joker. The scars were the thing that made him go crazy. That's the common thing in both of his scar stories mon ami. So the J-man tries pushing people to the limit to show how easy it is to break people who are good because everyone is corruptible to him. The Bat rubbed that in his face about being wrong about that when the ferry people didn't blown each other to hell.
IMO, Heath's Joker doesn't hint as clearly towards a single day making him the way he is like in The Killing Joke. Although I do admit it's possible. Then again, if I try and fill in gaps in Bane's past within the confines of the world that's been established and get called for 'conjecturing', then the same principle applies to this situation, wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie
BB didn't mention squat about Bane so yeah we were watching different flicks.
But it did show us Bruce refusing the League's offer based on principle, which was the part I was referring to in my previous post.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote