View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #840
Big Green
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

I don't really want to jump in on this fight, but I think people's expectations got blown way out of proportion for TDKR. TDK was a good movie, but got hyped to a new level when Heath died. It went from being a comic book movie to Heath's last performance. While he was good in TDK it wasn't that great of an overall movie. It would have been considered on the same level as Begins and TDKR if it weren't for that. His death made the general public interested in the films. You had to "see" TDK because his death peaked everyone's interest, there was no possible way that TDKR could live up to that in most peoples' eyes. You will continue to have people who swear by TDK as great filmmaking, but it's not. Just like TDKR isn't great either. They are both solid films, but you have to take them for what they are. Overhyped to the max.

Haters are gonna hate, and like someone said, people especially on the Internet will just troll people because they can.

I would be interesting to see what the response to TDK would have been if not for the tragedy of Heath, and also as someone who lives in Colorado, the response that TDKR would have received not for the shooting by a guy trying to be "Joker".

Sorry everyone, just had to say my peace.