View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #110
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Who should the focus be on in DOFP??

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Who do u want the focus to in DOFP Angamb and psylockolussus? Regardless if we get XFC2 and X4.

For us to get the best DOFP who should be the main focus? I personally think the best way to tell the story, would be through Prof X and Magento both incarnations of the characters.

I think having the film reveal there constrasting attitudes, beliefs, ideologies and motivations could be quite interesting.
I already said it should be 50-50 but I voted for the original cast because i prefer them more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
It doesnt make a big difference if a movie is a reboot or a prequel. The main factor is a whole new cast.

And if you want to pay too much attention to the characters who appeared or didnt appear, as a reason why it didnt do as well, then the international numbers prove that it WAS a success in the rest of the world. So your point loose value then.

FC didnt featttue Big name characters like Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops or Jean and it still was the second highest grossing x-men movie in the whole franchise. So..... it really proves that the international market didnt care too much if those characters werent there.

So.... if they supported FC with more than 200 millions, they will probably support the sequel much more. and.... if a second movie were really great written and directed and have bigger action and new characters and the critics love it, the third movie could get even more money.

So.... are Wolverine, Storm, and the rest needed at all?

Definetly no.
Well it does make a difference on which character they include in. For example, if Spider-Man wasn't the lead character in a Spider-Man movie it wouldn't do so well and that is also the case with Star Trek. You have to include the most well-known characters in the movie, so it would sell and attract to a bigger audience.

And you keep saying that First Class did so well because of its international box-office numbers but you are ignoring the fact that it is so far the lowest-grossing X-Men movie in the United States - its major and #1 market. Even if XFC earned more foreign gross than X1, X2 and XOW, there's still the price inflation. Every year the price of movie tickets increases. If you adjust the ticket prices of X1, X2 and XOW to the ticket price of 2011, XFC would be in last place when it comes to foreign gross.

Here's the adjusted numbers for the domestic box-office numbers:
1. X-Men: The Last Stand $284,097,400
2. X2: X-Men United $283,034,900
3. X-Men $231,718,000
4. X-Men Origins: Wolverine $191,457,300
5. X-Men: First Class $144,387,800

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 12-10-2012 at 10:12 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote