View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #381
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Tom continues to drop very interesting quotes in his interviews...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

starts talking Thor 2 at about 2:08

Now maybe he's referring to the movie in general and not the Thor - Loki relationship specifically, but it seems like he is referring to Thor-Loki due to the rest of the quote. And what have we not seen before with these two? We've certainly seen them fight plenty of times both in the movies and the comics. So it does seem like we will be maybe seeing them working together, maybe mending that relationship some (whether that will last, will have to wait and see, but it seems like this may be on the table for this film) - which goes somewhat along with Lawden's spoiler about them working together, even if the Italy footage indicated otherwise.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Thor 2 talk starts at about 1:00

Hmmm... but which side will he be tossing those firecrackers at? LOL Probably both. But seriously again in the context of the question, it seems likely he may be using at least some of that guile etc on Malekith (which is something I supposed early on anyway).

From the news thread...

A question on this, Laufey tried to kill Odin with an icicle. TWICE. Do you think he would have tried if he knew he could not succeed? Wouldn't you think he'd know if he wasn't powerful enough to take Odin out? I dont think he was that powerful in the MCU (especially without the casket). I think we have to keep in mind that MCU Odin, like most of the other characters, are just not as powerful as they are in the comics. A few, like Malekith, it seems are significantly more powerful than their comic book versions.
hmmm it seems tom is DEFINITLY tlaking about thor and loki. If we are seeing them work together, again, that is sometihng from the simonson run. Just more stuff from that arc are piling onto this movie lol.

Yes, everything has been powered down in the MCU. However, Odin was in the Odinsleep when laufye tried to kill him, correct? Laufey didn't try to confront him in a powerful state. Of course odin isn't a galaxy buster in the mcu (don't think so lol) but with everyone scaled down, he still should be significantly more powerful than ANYONE. I mean, I know you haven't read much of the books, but to say otherwise is just well, its too out of character :P. I am not sure you are getting the point I am trying to get across. So I will try to make it so. Making Malekith as powerful as Odin in the MCU, or Odin being able to be killed by Malekith, or anything of the sort, would be like making Captain America as powerful as Thor in the MCU. Better put, it would be like scaling Thor down to captain america level in the MCU. That just simply shouldn't happen. yes, tohr has been downgraded from the books, but Thor is THAT much more powerful than cap, that even in the mcu, even when scaled down, they shouldn't be on the same level. That's how it is with Odin. Odin is SO FAR beyond any character introduced in the MCU, that scaling him down to say..thor's equal, or to malekith being able to fight him is. just ridiculous!! lol Odin isn't a guy who Thor can "give a good fight" Odin is a guy who is capable of taking on comic book versions of say, Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Loki, Malekith at the same time. With EASE. Beta Ray Bill is on Thor's level, and he's busted planets. Odin has destroyed Galaxies as SIDE EFFECTS of his battles. Surtur destroyed a galaxy to forge twilight

While Odin has been downgraded significantly, he still HAS to be the most powerful one. Like I said, it would be like making captain america as powerful as thor. Odin is that much more powerful, that they can't just put him on the same level as everyone else WITH OUT PIS (such as Odinsleep, yada yada) And we know he is more powerful. He's been in a weak state. But we saw what he's capable of a little bit. You could see the fear he struck into Thor's eyes when Odin was getting pissed, and about to give him daddy lessons. Odin spoke an enchantment into a hammer. He brought Thor back to life. He stripped Thor of ALL his powers. Completely turned him into a mortal. Odin is certainly the most powerful character in the MCU so far.

and I quote Loki when talking about Odin in Thor 1 "The most powerful being in the 9 realms" Loki himself said it. and hell, if its anything, the official mcu wiki says Odin is by far the most powerful being introduced in the MCU so far. So yeah, Odin has been downscaled. Thor has been downscaled. The only character not downscaled from the books is Captain America. But with everyone being downscaled, Odin is STILL the most powerful being in the 9 realms. And even if he is downscaled, malekith being on his level, or hell, him being on thor's level is just wrong. I can PROMISE you, a lot of comic book fans will not be happy. I will be furious. But they aren't idiots, and I'm sure the only thing weakening Odin to someone else's level will be plot, like in the first movie. Cause yeah, though he isn't on his comic book power level (no one is except Cap), he certainly is, and sohuld be the most powerful character in the MCU yet.

Last edited by jaqua99; 12-10-2012 at 10:29 PM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote