View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #835
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
"Jake Lloyd could come back, because another vergence in the force coems up, because I don't read the novels and think that it just happened. so when it happens, it just happens to come out like another Anakin, because its the prophecy repeating itself to try and work better this time!"

Yeah...I can see someone out there defending something like that. Even as a prequel defender for the most part, I couldn't take BS like that. I remember back in my SW fan fiction days, reading a story where the Force revived an Episode 3 era Anakin during Luke's middle aged days because of a rise of the Sith or something, and despite being well written, any justification like this to bring back a charcter completely established dead I feel is stupid. And I'm not a fan of the clone idea either, because if it is an Anakin clone, it IS NOT Anakin (it might be Annaakin though ), and its a cheap way out.
Anikan needs to stay dead. His sacrifice is the climax of ROTJ. Its a bit less dramatic and climactic if he pops up alive again. As a force ghost I can handle that, but that would mean more Hayden and Id rather not taint the new trilogy or the future franchise with that.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: