View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #598
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Incidentally, Tom really has a baby face going on lately. I am thinking he's oddly enough going to look younger in Thor 2 than he did in Avengers. They certainly had him put on some weight and muscle for Avengers to help dial up the menace, and that probably made him look older. And he looked quite a bit older there than in Thor 1 (certainly more than 1 year older) - partially also I think due to lighting and makeup differences, as well as some weight gain. But now he's certainly leaner than he was in Avengers, and back to being younger looking. Not sure if or how they'd address that at all in the film, but just thought it was interesting. I always liked his Thor look overall better than Avengers anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
He could have lost some mass while sitting in Aasgardian prison...
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
yes, that could simply be it. I only mention it as I think the added muscle and size was part of making Loki seem more powerful than he was in Thor 1, and so more acceptable that he'd be a serious challenge for all those heroes in Avengers, but if size = power and he's since lost that muscle mass, then it would seem he's less powerful then. No?

FYI, Tom Hiddleston appearance Dec. 15 to open the Dragon Christmas Charity sale. http://www.dragonsale.org/
One thing to remember is that, as recently as August (I think) he was filming a vampire film. It's possible that film/character he was playing is the reason why he dropped in weight/mass and then just didn't have time to build it back up for Thor 2 due to how close the filming schedules were (and/or he might be hesitant to put it back on if he's still needed for pick up shots on Only Lovers Left Alive). As a result perhaps Taylor decided the leaner look would look fine for the purposes of the story. I don't know... it would be nice to see some set photos though of him to see if they are playing up his leaner look or if they'll mask it with the costuming.

~Agents of SHIELD