View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #350
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Default Re: The Official Batman (1989) Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Well, there are many interpretations of Batman. The whole thing of "Bruce Wayne died with his parents" never seamed well with me. That's why I like a lot more Nolan's Batman, he is more human.
Well, "Bruce Wayne died with his parents" just sounds cool. When you are 14 years old. Keep in mind, in 1989 the version that still counted as Batman since the "new" Batman wasn't really defined was still the pre-crisis version where young Bruce even speculated about becoming an ordinary policeman.

Quote:
I like Burton's Batman too, but I don't see it as a definitive version of the character. That goes to DCAU Batman.
Although you have to make a difference between the original BTAS Batman and the TNBA/JL Batman. The former was more like a "nice uncle" (he even had a Grey Ghost's Lair...) while the later one was more in line with the Batdick from the comics. Seems natural, when BTAS was developed its creators were still drawing from Batman stuff from guys like O'Neil, Robbins, Reed, Wein, Conway, Moench and Barr while later they seem to be more influenced by the 90s writers.