View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #285
Raoul Duke
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's that. No offense to JBD, but I don't see him as being particularly in the know about this, or even having a big enough role to see the whole picture. But, if he's right, there's no other definition for "mouthpiece" than "spokesman," as in Mandarin is the spokesman for Killian/AIM, and is knowingly or unknowingly doing their dirty work.

Frankly, the MCU Mandarin doesn't even strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. He seems to be modeled off a professional anarchist/terrorist like Osama, Che Guevara, or Carlos the Jackal, and all those guys (including OBL) were little more than apolitical mercenaries masquerading as idealists with a cause. And that seems to be exactly the route they're taking with Mandy.
you should read the knauf's iron man run. haunted and director of shield. mandarin is portrayed as an opposite to stark. highly intelligent but also obviously formidable as a physical enemy too, unlike hammer and stane. wouldn't surprise me if their run influences the movie, as it was the continuation of ellis' extremis.