View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #105
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think the Nolan films aren't going to stand the test of time. Batman Begins aged just as much as the Raimi films in my eyes, and TDKR will definitely age as well, considering how flawed it was. The Dark Knight has already aged, too, over the past 4 years for me as well. I think that Ledger's performance will always be loved and appreciated, but the film itself is not a classic. Certain parts of the film will look pretty hokey, such as Commissioner Gordon's last speech, "Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight." Really, did they just pull words out of a hat? And I think people will look back and think that the whole Batman being a symbol thing went to far, especially since he's only been Batman for about a year in total.

EDIT: How could I not forget the Batman "throat cancer" voice? Ouch... Michael Keaton's Batman had an intimidating voice without having to go that far...
Even though it did felt like he was taking words out his hat,I loved that line.Give me shivers whenever I rewatch it

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote