View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #108
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
A lot of people are so hyped up for MOS after seeing the trailer, and while it does look cool, I am still really unsure about it. I think it will be better than SR, but you never know. I wish that movie the best, though.

The X-Men franchise is really messed up at this point. It seems like they couldn't decide on whether or not First Class was a reboot or a prequel. Too many continuity errors, so let's call it a reboot. I enjoyed First Class, but it really wasn't that memorable or exciting IMO. It set up the sequels pretty well like TASM, so I'm still giving it another chance. (I think TASM was much more fun IMO... but I love both movies). If anything, I think that the X-Men: Days of Future Past is in more trouble than TASM2. Just because Bryan Singer is back doesn't mean the movie is likely to do well. He didn't write the script, and he just was assigned recently. He has his share of bad movies (Superman Returns).

So my question is, why would anyone think that Sony is unlikely to make a great film with TASM2? Whether you like it or not, Spider-Man 2 is considered one of the best CBMs out there, and on its own is considered a great film, too. They have an excellent cast for TASM, and now for TASM2 as well. Marc Webb knows where the franchise is going in terms of exploring the missing parents, and Norman Osborn. At least wait until the trailer comes out!
Exactly
I would say TASM2 has the highest potential(Behind IM3) from the CBMs coming in the next 2 years

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote