View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #70
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Does Bane being a PURELY physical threat hamper him as a villain?

Quote:
I doubt many people could come up with a film this layered that brilliantly uses the elements it takes from Begins to heighten the symmetry between Ra's/Bruce/Bane/Talia. I've heard quite a few ideas for a third film from fans, but have yet to find one that is truly a decent idea for a conclusion. They all just come off as just "another Batman adventure."
Quite a fans speculated, and even hoped for, pretty much exactly the basic story we ended up getting, save for a few elements of it (The bit about the pit).

Quote:
I think the problem lies with the character itself. Bane was basically created as a gimmick and a comic stunt back in the 90's, and his character's peak is breaking Batman's back.

Aside from that, he's pretty much a one note character. Aside from TDKR, he really hasn't had a decent story and certainly isnt anywhere near the complexity of characters such as Joker, Two-Face , Ra's Al Ghul, or Catwoman.

Ultimately the Bane character , imo, doesn't have much going for him. He works as the final villan for the saga thematically but with Bane, there really isn't much there, there.

No.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote