View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #100
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: Return of the Jedi Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
i think ford did have character development in the sense of when Leia was sad after talking to luke she told han she wanted to be left alone and he got jelious and stormed off. Then he stopped and came back to apologies. The Han we knew in the first two would not have done that. Even when he thought there was something between liea and luke he said he would walk away cause he cared more for her happiness then himself.
The key element of Han's development in ROTJ is that he was finally "all in" with the RA. He was money motivated until the end of ANH. He was friends with Luke and enamored with Leia in ESB, but he was still going to leave. In ROTJ, he began a RA leader, not just a guy shared a distaste for the empire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Well we can agree that Return of the Jedi was helped by the prequels somewhat, and now has elevated it's status as an equal with the other two OT films. Thank you, prequels.
Even before the PT, I felt ROTJ was the best of the OT.