View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #391
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

See this is where this trying to figure out plot here gets really frustrating for me. I really feel this is a legitimate idea that could fit quite neatly into the puzzle but when people despise a character this much it's impossible for them to think he could be written any other way. and yes, I understand you despise him in a love to hate him kind of way, but still you despise him and can't see him written any other way and that is frustrating when trying to figure out plot because the writers and Marvel can do whatever they want with him. They don't have to exactly follow what's been done in the comics or mythology already. They already haven't so I think it's likely they won't do the same old, same old, as this continues. I've seen more than a few quotes that make me think that they may surprise a lot of people with the direction they take Loki in. They could "cook up something completely new with the same ingredients" so to speak.

Odin was strict with Thor, yes, maybe even harsh, but Thor seriously needed that massive kick in the pants, and reminder of who is King and who is not, or else he would never have changed. Nothing else would have done it *for that character*. The dynamic between Loki and Odin is very different. Thor didn't have the issue finding out he was lied to all his life about who he was and what his purpose in life was to be, or doubts about if he was loved as much as his sibling, and feelings of inadequacy all his life in comparison to his sibling... therefore, the dynamic between Odin-Loki is very different this way, and so as a result how Odin handles him should be different from the way he handled Thor.

I'm not going to continue to argue about the rest of the stuff you said. I've said my peace on that so many times it exhausts me. we've had that run around I've had that run around a few times with different people as you know. And as you know I could argue and rebut until next November about all of that. All I ask is that you keep a bit of an open mind in the discussion, especially if you can't figure any other options that would fill the same plot holes and requirements. Because honestly I'm starting to feel like I can't even discuss the potential Loki plot here out in the open due to closemindedness on what they might do with the character. Which is sad because I came into this due to that MCU character.

*sigh* another subject I guess... well while looking around on screenrant.com at some old articles about the potential directors, I found this quote interesting...

Quote:
Marvel’s interest in [Brian] Kirk was openly acknowledged as being related to his work on Game of Thrones; the studio approved of his ability to handle an ensemble cast and deliver a complex, yet grounded, take on the fantasy genre. It was presumably Jenkins’ Emmy-nominated pilot for The Killing – which likewise juggled multiple characters and narrative threads – that earned her attention from Marvel heads.
http://screenrant.com/thor-2-directo...-sandy-132968/

So while the movie is certainly called Thor The Dark World, it would seem that the intention will be to involve the rest of the characters much more, with more story arcs and narrative threads to deal with, which should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
C'mon .... as if there's any doubt.
Some people want it to be ignored I guess... *sigh...*

Last edited by elizah72; 12-12-2012 at 10:20 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote