View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #121
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Rank every comic book film - where do the Spider-Man films fit in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Its really rather comforting to see you say the bolded. Sometimes I forget youre reasonable. lol. :P jkjk.

but X-Men Origins: Wolverine was even worse than Last Stand lol...
I've even stated how I prefer TAS-M over S-M 3. Nothing will make me like the crap that is Spider-Man 3, lol.

And true with Origins, but I didn't mention that as the main X-Men series ends with The Last Stand and then restarted itself with First Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
The Spider-man brand and Xmen brand never became that toxic,it was easy recovery.And I wont say the recovery is complete,TASM while it was good,still not SM1 or SM2 quality.Ditto with Xmen,while FC was great they had Origins and we can brace ourselves for The Wolverine
If you look at the reviews, then yes, I'd say the Spider-Man and X-Men brand became toxic with S-M 3 and X-Men 3, plus, I didn't say that TAS-M had to be as good as Spider-Man; imo, Batman Begins isn't as good as Batman '89, but that doesn't mean Batman Begins rose the Batman name out of the ashes left by Batman & Robin, the same with TAS-M and X-Men: First Class.

Brace ourselves for The Wolverine? It could be a great film as well.

Quote:
Batman became a really toxic character but Nolan did well to get the character back into business
Every director isnt Nolan plus Supes even more toxic imo with the failure of SR.Even if the movie is really good,it'll have trouble earning money just like BB,FC or TASM(compared to SM1,2 or 3)
Again, I still believe Man of Steel will make enough money to earn a sequel, but also that it'll earn more than expected. Just have a gut feeling as much as you think it'll be a bad movie.

Plus, you're right, not every director isn't Nolan...but neither is Webb, neither is Vaughn....but they made surprisingly well reboots that beats the last film of the previous respective trilogy.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote