View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #394
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

I guess your reply up there came off to me as being testy/annoyed about the topic or the very idea I was presenting regarding this possible plot element and Loki. as you know it can be difficult to convey tone on a messageboard. but that's how it came off to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
My conclusion is NOT brought from closemindedness, or hate. I drew this conclusion simply from what I have observed in the MCU so far without looking at it too deeply. My conclusion differs from yours. and that's fine. If Odin tries to get to Loki Elizah, that's fine with me. I have nothing wrong with that whatsoever. He is is son, I agree that regarding Odin, Loki is a bit more sensitive. If Odin doesn't reach out, I have no problem with that either. That is simply the path I THINK they are going to go with it.
and what we are fairly certain about is Thor WILL give him another chance to some degree at some point in this film, if he's going to be working with him to save Asgard. But Thor needs character motivation to give him that chance, otherwise it does get ridiculous for him to keep reaching out. I agree with that. I would expect him at the beginning of the film to be done reaching out to Loki, but as we know he will not be. So again, character motivation is needed to explain that, and that is tied in with figuring out possible plots. And you do need to look more deeply into the films to figure out character motivation and plot, it's as big a part of it as the explosions and the fights, if not bigger. Without character motivation and a decent plot all you have is a theme park ride with no depth to it. And again, what I laid out above, that scenario, could give him a realistic reason to give him another chance, when he should be all but done with him in the beginning of the film. Whether Loki screws it up again we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
"It's what I loved about the comics. It was never clean and cut and that's it," he said about whether or not Thor and Loki would repair their damaged relationship. "It was always like, Thor would forgive him, they'd be friends, and Loki would betray him again. 'You idiot, Thor! Again?' But it was different than your normal good guy, bad guy scenario. They're brothers, you know? Anyone with siblings understands that. 'That's it, I'm never talking to you again… want to play football?'"
Football doesn't seem like it's in the cards for Thor and Loki — the former's got a bit of an advantage over his scrawny younger sibling anyway, right? — but there are other ways that Loki can win Thor's trust back, Hemsworth said.
"He's got to apologize, doesn't he? Baked goods. Muffins or something," he joked. "That would be a bribe we could start with. Beyond that, I don't know." Chris Hemsworth http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/05/16...-relationship/
But we all know Loki is not apt to apologize or bake him muffins, at least not in the state of mind he was in during Avengers, and it sounds like in the beginning of Thor 2 at least... unless something breaks him out of that state of mind, at least to enough of a degree, and I'm not sure anything that happens with Frigga is going to believably do that. So again, the scenario I laid out is a possible way that all happens, that ties in with a number of things we know/strongly suspect about the plot.

Quote:
EDIT: I see in my comment where I said "the reaching out to Loki needs to end", well there is the confusion. That was a typo, I meant to say, "Thor reaching out to Loki needs to end" So I see how that can throw things off lol
okay, yes. Because I don't think the Odin or Frigga reaching out has yet to begin really, and as parents they are obligated to at least try no matter what he's done. Again, I don't have a problem with Thor acting done with that at the beginning of Thor 2 but it seems he will at some point reach out again, and he needs motivation to do that, and preferably something that would fit in well with the rest of the plot without being really extraneous. Which is what I was trying to propose.

Last edited by elizah72; 12-12-2012 at 03:48 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote