View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #49
knowsbleed
Banned User

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
I think the most telling thing about Jonathan's delivery of the "maybe" line is that he's looking at the ground, not at Clark when he says it. You can tell he is very conflicted, and this is a situation that nothing could ever prepare you to know what to say. To me it seems that this is the conversation where the "you have to decide what kind of man you want to be" line comes from. I like it, it feels more natural, Jonathan is a loving father first and foremost, and his first priority will always be Clark's safety.
Yes, absolutely. As a father, I am primarily concerned about my children's safety first before all others... including my own. I'm very sorry to say it, but if I had to make an ultimate decision between my child and another life... I would choose my child. I can completely relate to his "maybe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah to be honest I still think he'll follow that line with something like maybe... No of course not but you have to be careful etc
I hope he doesn't eat his own words by negating it with a "no of course not"... I hope he tells Clark to make his own decision and to do things the smart way. To do things in a way that will protect himself... I think that's the role that Costner's Kent should play in this movie, Crowe's Jor-El can be the beacon of hope that will balance everything else... the two fathers directing Clark/Kal-El to find himself and ultimately become Superman.