View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #62
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Agreed, it's beautiful

Yeah I went through all those stages too.

If I hadn't seen the comic con footage, and if I hadn't read that trailer descript, i'd have probably died from happiness after watching it... as it was, it was a bit of an anti climax.

But when you put all that aside and try and imagine what it would be like watching the trailer as a member of the GA, I think it's pretty good.

I've shown it to a few people, and they seemed to think it was cool... although one of them commented they didn't like Martha's little speech (called it cheesy) and another one literally laughed when Jonathon said 'maybe' (though I will judge that based on the context and what comes straight before and after it... still, it's a weird line to put into the trailer, and they could have easily just left it at 'just let them die?' without following it with anything at all).
My sentiments exactly.

The excitement over the trailer has worn off for me. And now being able to evaluate it a little more objectively, it really isn't as strong as the comic con footage.

The cheesily delivered Martha dialogue (it is cheesy, at least in the trailer)and somber tone of the film does have me a little worried.