View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #86
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread

I'd say somewhere around the higher 200's domestic, just like Batman Begins and The Amazing Spider-Man along with additional money from overseas. Asking much more than that I'd say is asking too much. Superman Returns IS going to hurt Man of Steel. Studios know that. Audiences have a notion of, "fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, no thanks - I'm not going." HOWEVER it is the sequel where the money starts flowing in again. NO MOVIE with a bad predecessor that wasn't very favorable has ever done well - it's always fallen behind all the others in the franchise. This has hurt several amazing franchise film reboots after a less than stellar predecessor. Batman Begins had Batman & Robin. Man of Steel has Superman Returns. With that said, however, we ARE looking at Nolan's name being attached - so as long as the Batman component keeps on driving it - that should be something to combat it. Not completely, but it will help. I wouldn't be afraid of a sequel, if it gets a relatively good amount - AND audiences saying "they got it right!" and "that was awesome!" They WILL put a sequel into the works because this kind of film - a 'come back' always looks to make its earnings there. That's just in how these 'come back' films have performed.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 12-12-2012 at 06:46 PM.