View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #300
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
What sort of stuff? There's nothing to indicate that any of these existing MCU villains would ever want to team up just to get some payback for getting their asses kicked, and there's *certainly* nothing to indicate that audiences want to see that.

Let's be honest here: so far, Marvel Studios has produced exactly one great supervillain. Outside of Loki, none of the MCU villains have generated a noticeable fanbase, and the jury is still out on all the Phase II villains --- up to and including my main Mad Titan, Thanos. So, if audiences both general and fanboy haven't started any "bring back Whiplash! Abomination! Red Skull! etc" campaigns, what makes you think they're going to be at all excited about seeing those lame villains fight the heroes again....?

The MoE is a concept that works great in comics --- a bunch of "name" supervillains team up to get revenge against the almighty Avengers. In the MCU, so far, there haven't been enough noteworthy villains for audiences to give a damn about seeing again.

THe thing I was referring to was that there seem to be multiple villains being introduced in each of the phase, and that avengers 2 will be more "personal" that's all. It was literally a thought that popped into my head in 15 seconds one morning on the way to work lol

so the idea went through my head. I didn't think too deepy, I thought, multiple villains, personal, multiple villains, maybe a masters of evil. It was just a thought that crossed my mind is all. I'm torn, but to be honest, I am still expecting Thanos in avengers 2 and 3. The MoE thing is eh, but that's just my reasoning for that idea popping into my head