View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #97
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I don't see how the studio isn't ready to bring him back. They brought Bane, who was in the same movie as Freeze and was much worse. Also, it'll have been a long time after B&R by the time the next movie releases.

This is not a big deal to me, though. Riddler is my favorite after Two Face and Joker, so I'd be happy anyway.
It's not the same thing. Bane was a third party when you look at the villains in that movie. The general audience don't remember him either.

The studio has been shakey about using Robin as the sidekick since that movie. They're probably fine with it now but they know they'll have to be careful with how a teenage sidekick is approached. So imagine the others..

With Freeze and Poison Ivy, i bet it's gonna take at least 1 or 2 movies in a more fantastical nature for WB to agree to it. Or a director who can convince them that they'll go in a completely different style to what was before. It will take convincing. They're probably unaware of the real Freeze and dont know if they can go a darker, serious take on him.

They wont follow Bane immediately with another obscure villain. And if it's Riddler or Penguin theyll be jumping for joy. Hell, theyll probably suggest them. If Nolan used either one for Batman 3, they would have loved that more than what we got.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote