View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:15 AM   #978
Mutated User
Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
... again it's not the cast size that makes the writing suck, it's the time spent and the script and way they are used. The X-men movies have imo been all about the script and very little about the cast.. and thus have been handled pretty poorly. The writers outline a script with the key players.. then shove everyone else into a void they need to fill to get the key players from point A to B. You don't have to do that... only choose cameos and characters that fit, not ones that are forced.

it's quite obvious they went "well we want to include ______ so lets force him in there even though it makes no sense what so ever"
X-Maniac proved my point very well and you can explain yourself all the time. But having more than 20 characters is not good for a movie. Even if the movie has a good writer and director, having too many characters will have a bad effect on the movie. Maybe if this is a TV series, it would work but no, this is a movie.

Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I never like Cudmore as Colossus. He seemed like too much of a derp for me. I also hate how they did him in X3. Making him a guy in a rubber suit was a no-go for me. They couldn't ever leave the camera on him long enough to make an impact.
I'm not a fan of re-casts, but they could definitely recast the actor who played Colossus in X2/x3 especially if they are gonna give Colossus character development and more substance in the movie. I don't think Daniel Cudmore is a good actor and he's hardly memorable as an actor, so I would be fine if they recast him.

2016 MOVIES RANKING! Best to worst
Finding Dory, The Conjuring, Jungle Book, Captain America, Deadpool, Star Trek, Bridget Jones, Don't Breathe, Ghostbusters, Kung Fu Panda, Peculiar Children, Jason Bourne, X-Men, Tarzan, Angry Birds, Suicide Squad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alice, Ice Age, Huntsman, Independence Day, Warcraft, Batman v Superman.