View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #378
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I don't think it has to do with nudity. That's just secondary. The biggest reason why the paps take awkward shots like that is because the public is all, "Hey look celebrities aren't perfect, look at Anne Hathaway forgetting her underwear and getting awkwardly out of a car! Hahahaha! I guess she isn't Miss Perfect like we all thought she was!"

It really does speak of society's idolization of celebrities, and our willingness to tear these same idols down, than it does of the celebrities photographed. They're just people, albeit very famous people who have a lot of pressure to be perfect at all times. Especially for a relatively private celebrity like Anne, it's just easier to go with the flow and not be a rebel, because that only calls more attention to you.
Oh yeah that element of jealous spite is certainly in there as well, but remember the Janet Jackson nipslip outrage? The idea of even a glimpse of nudity still seems to cause such drama when it comes to these situations.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote