View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #98
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
The thing about New York isn't just how much he came close to death but losing Coulson who had become one of his few inner circle people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
Good call there about Coulson. I was a huge fan of his and Tony's relationship throughout the series and I believe that his death would have really hit Tony hard.
For me, the guy was a link to Shield, but other that that I really donīt think he was much on Starkīs radar. The Avengers really overdramatised his death for the sake of bringing everyone together, which looked weird IMO, since he couldnīt have been the only casualty of the attack. The scenes with Steve and Tony talking about him would have been so much better if they had had some sort of pre-established relationship outside of "He annoyed me" and "He had a fanboy crush on me". Since the guy was no Yinsen and no Bucky, and didnīt register as specially important before his death, I remember mostly thinking they were sad about ALL THE VICTIMS until the script made it clear it was only about Coulson.

Matarreyes is offline   Reply With Quote