View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #999
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Seriously! I'll never understand why this can't be grasped.

I understand the complaints when there is one character who is pretty much there for no reason and has no purpose... like a few characters in X3. But in a movie like X2, NO ONE has a thankless role. Everyone serves a specific purpose and every character's actions push the story forward. This is why it will always be my favorite X-film, and one of my favorite films in general. The fact that every character contributes to the overarching plot in a unique and smooth may amazes me every time.

Also why I hated Halle Berry's *****ing about X2.

STORM SAVES THE WORLD IN THE END. WITHOUT STORM THEY WOULD HAVE ALL DIED.

I wish she understood that...
I agree with you completely. Storm in X2 was so much better than Storm in X3 who is almost practically useless. The only think good about Storm in X3 was her action scenes. This brings me to a question, was halle complaining about Storm's characterisation or about the fact that Storm wasn't as strong as she was in the comics in terms of fighting and being a part of the action. I think I watched an interview with her where she said she had always wanted to fly and fight in the X-Men movies and that she never got the chance to in Singer's films.