View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #903
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueweasel View Post
Exactly but my point being surely that would have a huge emotional impact on him too, and he never went reclusive, to the whole of his friends, etc he destroyed his home and was not suitable to run his fathers company, and yet he carried on, without giving up.
It was part of the whole process. At the beginning, Bruce only wanted revenge and cared little about everything else.

Quote:
- With all due respect, sir, Wayne Manor is your house.

- No, Alfred, it's my father's house.

- Your father is dead.

- This place is a mausoleum. If I have my way, I'll pull the damn thing down brick by brick.

- This house, Master Wayne, has sheltered six generations of your family.

- Why do you give a damn, Alfred? It's not your family.

- I give a damn because a good man once made me responsible for what was most precious to him in the whole world.
Alfred calls Bruce on this before his birthday party:

Quote:
Those are Bruce Wayne's guests. You have a name to maintain. I don't care about my name.

It's not just your name, sir. It's your father's name. And it's all that's left of him... Don't destroy it.
But Bruce does reflects upon his actions after all of this, Alfred too.

Quote:

- What have I done, Alfred? Everything my family... my father, built...

- The Wayne legacy is more than bricks and mortar, sir.

- I wanted to save Gotham. I failed.

- Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

- You still haven't given up on me?

- Never.
Bruce learns to care about his legacy, setting up his goals to better Gotham as Bruce Wayne with the energy project. He fails, setting up the background for the film. However in the end, he manages to salvage this by setting up the orphanage.

And C. Lee. We are just defending our opinions the best we can, just as anyone would do. You have stated that you don't like the films and that's fine. I respect that. But I don't think anyone called anyone with "stoopidity".

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.