View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #104
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's not the same thing. Bane was a third party when you look at the villains in that movie. The general audience don't remember him either.

The studio has been shakey about using Robin as the sidekick since that movie. They're probably fine with it now but they know they'll have to be careful with how a teenage sidekick is approached. So imagine the others..

With Freeze and Poison Ivy, i bet it's gonna take at least 1 or 2 movies in a more fantastical nature for WB to agree to it. Or a director who can convince them that they'll go in a completely different style to what was before. It will take convincing. They're probably unaware of the real Freeze and dont know if they can go a darker, serious take on him.

They wont follow Bane immediately with another obscure villain. And if it's Riddler or Penguin theyll be jumping for joy. Hell, theyll probably suggest them. If Nolan used either one for Batman 3, they would have loved that more than what we got.
You're assuming way too much. You're assuming the general audience remembers clearly about those villains. You're assuming that their response to a new version will be bad. You're assuming that WB didn't want Robin because of that. You're assuming they won't use a more obscure villain in the reboot even though they already did it with Begins using Ra's and Scarecrow. You're even assuming that WB don't know about Freeze. Really? You're basing that on how he was done in animated movies, cartoons and in the comics too?

What we know is that Bale really didn't want Robin in the movies and, if I recall correctly, Nolan also said that he didn't have a place in his story, so that is something we can base ourselves on. As for the GA's issue with Freeze and Ivy, if they remember about him now, more than a decade later, then they'll still do some years from now. If the movie is good, the audience will take it. Regardless of the villain. Obscure or not, like they already did.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote