View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #932
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
So why would Bane hate Bruce if not for Talia? The film mentions to us that Bane was excommunicated by Ra's and then randomly has him saying throughout the film that he wants to fulfil Ra's Al Ghul's destiny. And yet we are never even shown a reason why he would be so dedicated to fulfilling Ra's Al Ghul's destiny or why he would be so dedicated to the League of Shadows. Batman Begins managed to effectively show us why someone like Ra's or Bruce would be attracted to the League of Shadows philosophy, why not show the same for Bane? Also, if Bane is so dedicated to fulfilling the destiny of Ra's Al Ghul, why attack a city that isn't even corrupt at the time? There are so many inconsistencies with the Bane plot than the only unquestionable reason shown for why he attacked Gotham is because of Talia. I understand that everyone is going to have their interpretations, but they always seem to fall to conjecture
I think you just answered your own question. We've seen the League of Shadows and the types of people they attract. People who have suffered injustices and are basically mad at the world. Given Bane's circumstances, it's not hard to see why he fits the bill. The fact that it's Ra's who actually rescues Bane from the Pit pretty much makes Bane the ideal candidate for a LOS devotee.

Another thing is that sometimes there is intended ambiguity in films. Now, we can sit here and argue all day about Nolan's intentions I suppose, but I really don't believe he intended for there to be any ambiguity about why Bruce quit being Batman. He says why, point blank in the film. With Bane's character, Talia's reveal creates some ambiguity, and this just invites us to take a look at all his words and actions in the film and examine them more closely.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158