View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #939
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
I understand that. I just don't think Anno's original post was referring to you, is all. Also, I respect your opinion, hopefully my reactions haven't come off as otherwise.
It wasn't...because I had not yet posted my opinion.

I received complaints that people were not being allowed to express a negative opinion of the movie in this thread.

I came in and read the last page of the thread at that time.

I saw Anno say that guy's opinion was stupid, and others saying such opinions were silly, embarrassing, etc. Seeing a bunch of the old timers of the Batboard saying certain opinions are stupid, embarrassing, and silly....tends to make people not want to express their opinion if it is the one being ridiculed.

I, who had the same opinion that was being called stupid, decided to post that I held that opinion....and was promptly told I was wrong.

I then made a post about how bad it is that people who have a different opinion than the majority are being called stupid.

Several posters then said that no one had said that.

I posted the post that said that.

Then I was told I was being overly sensitive.

Sooooo.......the wheels on the bus go round and round.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
That's kind of surprising. I'm sure that, as a moderator, you've noticed that there are lots of users who have no trouble in making their dissatisfactions with the movie known, sometimes in more than one thread.
That was the point of one of my other posts. There is negative criticism, and there is trolling.....and they are not the same thing. Some of the posters in here, take ANY criticism of the movie as trolling. They do not want to discuss new ideas....they simply say it is stupid, silly, embarrassing.....