View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #940
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDonaldD View Post
I have the feeling that Bane's revolution was originally meant to be genuine but they also wanted to do all these other things like the bomb which made his motives a little more unclear. I love the movie but I think Bane having his own agenda that got him kicked out of the League and brought him to rule the corrupt Gotham with brute force would have been really interesting. Even have the bomb to keep the rest of the U.S. from interfering.

I took Bane's motive to be what he said to Bruce in the fight, fulfilling Ra's goal. There's nothing to contradict that motive, only complicate it. He seems to have affection for Talia, my guess is they reunited after Ra's died. I would assume she offered him a role in the new League where he could prove himself worthy to Ra's in his own way.
I was initially hoping for something along those lines for Bane as well. Then again, the take on the character that we eventually got in the movie has grown on me. I'm not sure whether or not what you mentioned would've actually been more interesting, as I think the Talia background gives Bane more depth as a character, as long as you don't see it as romantic. Another thing worth mentioning IMO is that upon my first viewing of the movie, I was really disappointed with the fact that his revolution seemed to be nothing more than a ruse. Upon further viewings, small details such as that line from the Stock Exchange ('Really? Then why are you people here?'), the disgust he shows towards Daggett, as well as his background in the pit makes me think he did indeed believe in his revolution. It was his own way of fulfilling Ra's' destiny (both proving himself to be the better man and worthy of the LoS despite his excommunication) and it's sufficiently distinct for me that I can accept some of the similiraties to the plot in BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee
Sooooo.......the wheels on the bus go round and round.....
Time to put a stop to them. Let's move on.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html

Last edited by BatmanBeyond; 12-14-2012 at 09:26 PM.