View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #476
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm with ya on everything here, except: who is "Phoenix....?"
Lol was reading up on Zemo a while back, I do a weekly radio show , the guy that I do the show with said Zemo used Phoenix as an alias in his first appearance in the comics, when I checked on Wikipedia there it was! On good ole' unreliable! But it's also mentioned in the Marvel wiki.

I just added that in since we know how Marvel love to use certain references from the past.

Lol but I get where the confusion came in, I think of should mentioned that Cap would figure out that someone is controlling Bucky, and that it isn't Crossbones, that there is a higher up, and maybe they give this mysterious figurehead the name Phoenix. At first there investigation into the matter could lead them to Zemo Industries, With Helmut being an extremely successful business man and engineer, a charming guy, that gets along with Cap. For whatever reason, SHIELD decides that Zemo Industries will not lead to anything significant. That they just pawns in this scheme, so they turn there attention to something else.

I kinda like this idea of Zemo, being this wealthy aristocrat, that has built up this business from the ground up, that has projects running that's actually doing some good in the world. But one day he switches the TV on and there is that Bastard murderer Captain America prancing around playing hero. It's just that snap, the idea of this man that has it all, that's doing good, but when something from his past comes back to haunt him, all he can do his recede into this very dark place that he has suppressed. Caps resurgence has Zemo treed, as he needs to restore the family's honor and the only way to do this is to kill Captain America.

Last edited by M-2; 12-15-2012 at 01:50 AM.