View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #478
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
well you answered my question. thats my guess as well.

I think they need to revamp the Falcon to make him believable within the MCU. A mechanical harness aint gonna cut it.

Plus they need to explain why flappable wings are better than, say, a supersonic battle suit (Stark isnt the only game in town btw). Furthermore, wouldnt a regular guy with huge wings be a sitting duck for rockets, lasers, gunfire, aircraft,etc.? Im extremely curious to find out how they're gonna make it work.

And no, "light wings" would actually be much much worse.

I'm not a troll btw. I like Sam Wilson as a character, and i think his skill set is a good complement to Cap as well the Avengers and SHIELD. But I dont think the character works "as is" in the MCU.

I expect some major changes to his "powers" and equipment when we see him in Cap 2.
U not a troll, this is a good post. I wonder will they introduce as Falcon with wings when he makes his first appearance or will they keep the wings for the third act of the film?

Maybe the Wings will be part of some elaborate armor, with thrusters, weapons gadgets and some sort of power source (since Tony refuses to share his beloved arc reactor technology). The Wings would basically be for stabilization, ease of flight and maneuvering, with the thrust providing the speed and agility. Sam basically gets the prototype as the suit is expensive and there aren't many Agents willing to die trying to fly this thing. Sam would make it is own by continuously upgrading, repairing and removing certain components, even adding a little color. No one can fly Sam's suit because of all his tinkering, and its really SAM's audacious daring flying that makes him the perfect "Falcon".