View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #21
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

If DoFP is supposed to be reuniting viewers with the familiar faces and also giving them one final farewell as they pass the torch to the First Class franchise, then it has to be Halle as Storm. It defeats the point otherwise.

I am really not sure about recasting the part just for one 'final farewell' film.

To me, Zoe Saldana seems such a boringly obvious choice, not to mention she is now the new Uhura in Star Trek. If they MUST recast, there is also Thandie Newton and Kerry Washington to consider, as well as Christine Adams. And even Iman, who was the original physical inspiration for comic book Storm, is still fabulous looking at age 57, if they wanted Storm to definitely look older.

But, as I said, it should be Halle if they are saying a last goodbye to the familiar faces (except for the immortal and ubiquitous Wolverine).

EDIT: The other thing to consider is that if they don't have Storm, who in the future setting will provide similar ethnic diversity and a powerful female role?

The same thing could be asked about female and black (or other ethnically diverse) characters in the 60s setting.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10

Last edited by X-Maniac; 12-15-2012 at 11:47 AM.