View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #99
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken View Post
i still think he'd take on the name robin as a masked crime fighter (ESPECIALLY because that's his real name). the guy said himself he wasn't afraid to show himself in the face of corruption, but batman told him to wear a mask to protect his loved ones. being "Robin" in the mask is doing both. and unlike Bruce Wayne, john blake's a nobody...bruce wayne created "Batman" out of a childhood fear of bats - i could totally see john blake not using the name "Robin" because of some kind of childhood tragedy. it would be poetic from him to adopt the name again to fight crime. am i alone here?

oh well. I still don't think he'd be the next Batman though...that would undo everything bruce accomplished as batman. why would he be mad at the copycats, but be okay with blake dressing up as batman? i'm pretty sure he wants blake to find his own way, but offered his tools and gadgets. i sort of get why people would want him as nightwing, but that identity belongs to dick grayson and the ancient kryptonian.

for me, blake will always be this trilogy's robin.
I think that's as fair an interpretation as any. They left Blake's open pretty open for the audience to fill in the blank, I think this is just another viable way to look at it.

I think the only concrete thing is the fact that Blake was shown to be different from Bruce Wayne in several ways, so it's natural to assume that he will use the tools Bruce gave him and forge his own path. Even if he was Batman, he'd be a different type of Batman.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote