View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #100
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken View Post
i still think he'd take on the name robin as a masked crime fighter (ESPECIALLY because that's his real name). the guy said himself he wasn't afraid to show himself in the face of corruption, but batman told him to wear a mask to protect his loved ones. being "Robin" in the mask is doing both. and unlike Bruce Wayne, john blake's a nobody...bruce wayne created "Batman" out of a childhood fear of bats - i could totally see john blake not using the name "Robin" because of some kind of childhood tragedy. it would be poetic from him to adopt the name again to fight crime. am i alone here?

oh well. I still don't think he'd be the next Batman though...that would undo everything bruce accomplished as batman. why would he be mad at the copycats, but be okay with blake dressing up as batman? i'm pretty sure he wants blake to find his own way, but offered his tools and gadgets. i sort of get why people would want him as nightwing, but that identity belongs to dick grayson and the ancient kryptonian.

for me, blake will always be this trilogy's robin.
I still feel a better idea would be if he started his own underground 'Sons Of Batman' with a select group from the orphanage. Plenty of opportunity there for future moral implications as well...is it the League of Shadows all over again, is it rally better to go about it lone, etc...?

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote