View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #956
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Honestly, I don't really 'blame' the movie a whole lot, and I'm probably a lot more forgiving than I may sound. If anything, it's a good example that things naturally run their course in many films...especially when the narratives for installments entail history/life-changing storylines. And certainly, I would never say that someone is better off not wasting the 2:45 to watch the movie as I would say for others....it's definitely worth a watch. But a certain 'magic' did wear off by the third movie, and that was disappointing, even though not a deal killer.
Fair enough sir. I can definitely say, being a huge fan of Nolan and all three of his Batman movies, that I walked out of TDKR knowing that I've now had my fill with the franchise and I think this definitely pushed things to the limit where it's basically exhausted itself and I would agree that "the magic" peaked with TDK, for so many reasons. It's best for this to live on in our memories now, rather than get milked to the bone.