View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #54
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Well since the X-Men franchise I think Ellen, Halle and Anna have all grown in terms of acting. I just think they were all mis-casts in my opinion, but whatever.

I'd REAAALLLY like to see a Kitty Pryde re-cast most of all. SO many young talented actresses out there and I never liked Ellen Page as Kitty.
Ellen never seemed like a good Kitty to me, either. The X1 actress looks most like the comic book character.

Many of the X-Men actors are nothing like their comic book counterparts in physical terms, in character portrayals, or sometimes both. (Xavier and Cyclops are probably the most accurate in look, along with X3's Beast). But, nonetheless, there have been some memorable castings in this series that have stood the test of time and made a lasting impression on audiences.

More significantly though, if DoFP is supposed to be a 'reunion' of familiar faces from the original trilogy, then recasting those roles is illogical and defeats the whole purpose of it.

I think another recast for Kitty would be pushing it a bit, after three different actresses in the role already. And we might as well have Halle back for the reunion of familiar faces and then, eventually, get a new Storm in the First Class series.