View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #248
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yep, and that seems a bit weird really - that her own son was manipulated by Stryker into nearly killing the president, thus triggering the resulting actions in the rest of the film. That she had no real reaction to all that is a bit bizarre, making it hard to believe he really is her son, to be honest.
Yeah, but think about it from Mystique's point of view. If she were trying to forget the past and leave Kurt behind, why would she have a reaction to him being manipulated? It's not like she's always been an outright "caring mother", so she shouldn't be expected to do that.

I'd like to think she feel a certain way about it, but she kept all of that inside. I mean, think about how she avoided Kurt in X2 but he gravitated towards her. Looks like she's trying to stay disconnected to Kurt to me, but it isn't exactly easy for her.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.