View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #752
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I think it's nitpicking. It didn't break the fourth wall. She naturally explains that she likes it. It is done as a "blink and you miss it" type of moment in how quick and passing it is. Compare that to the big reveal of Moneypenny or literally ending Skyfall with Bond call Mallory M in the original office, complete with a freaking freeze frame.

To be clear, I like both approaches, but I loved it in July and everyone I saw it with reacted well. This is just a weird online thing.
I am personally not talking about Skyfall, or comparing it to TDKR, even though that's what people are doing here.

"She naturally explains that she likes it" ? I don't think she says it naturally. In fact she's stating it in such a way as to make it sound ridiculous. Nolan naming Blake "Robin" is silly, altough there is nothing wrong with the line about liking the name, but the way she delivers it is just bad. It sounded like a voice over for a commercial.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.