View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #660
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I plan on it. I am just kinda shocked that he said that. He was like..sincerely dissappointed. Not to the point that, oh i didn't like this. To the point where it seemed like it sorta hurt him and was dissappointed
Aw, I'm sad to hear he was disappointed by it. I think the issue comes with the fact that compared to LOTR The Hobbit was geared more for a juvenile audience of readers. I guess Guillermo Del Toro and Peter Jackson in the development process have done their best to tweak the source material to be a bit to be more adult. But I think this will better serve the next two movies where things do get serious and dark than in this movie where it's more or less a fantasy adventure style road trip without the urgency that LOTR has.

And I don't know where I saw this conversation about Loki and Sigyn, but they are not two sides of one coin with one being the polar opposite of the other. They're both cut from the same cloth. Remember that in the comics Sigyn killed Donald Blake, albeit accidentally, and covered it up by creating a clone of him tp cover her own arse. Not quite the polar opposite of Loki but something strait out of the Loki Book of Deception. A polar opposite of Loki would not have put Donald in danger in the first place. I think a more apt description of those two has Loki as the addict and Sigyn as his enabler.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 12-16-2012 at 09:55 PM.