View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #83
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I disagree with you (respectfully of course) and others who didn't care for the black roots. I think the black roots were necessary because it made the wig look natural...like it was actually growing from her head. The wigs in the past looked like terrible wigs because they were so stark from roots to ends. It just looked unbelievably fake.

Let's face it: in REAL life, many of those who have truly white hair have gray, dark brown or black roots. Storm may be a mutant, but she's still a human. I think that whole 'do gave her serious bad-ass edge which was sorely needed for the character--since Halle is often very soft-spoken.
Totally agree with you. Storm's hair in the first two movies looked blonde on film (Singer actually talked about this in the commentary... how a white wig will just look blonde on film). The darkening of the roots made Storm's hair finally look like a freakish white color that's part of a mutation and not... a blonde wig.

I would have liked a better haircut and maybe this time they'll have the balls to actually give the hair some texture like a real African woman's hair might have. Sort of like in the pic I posted but white (with black/grey roots/high/lowlights).